Fact: Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour. By age 70, humans lose an average of 105 pounds of skin.
We slept until 9:00 AM this morning! Today’s challenge is to shower and walk to get all systems working. Halloween sent a picture of the house after she decorated it with the colored LED witch’s hats. It looks great.
While Mary was in the shower, I took a selfie. I look pretty good for just having gone through a major surgery! Notice I have a pillow over my lap! I looked at the scar, and it will not show when I wear my Speedos!
Our doctor is making a house call this morning or, more correctly, a hotel call. That will give us the OK to go to the airport tomorrow at 6:00 AM and head home!
Our security cameras on the left-hand side of the house alerted me that Gary, our contractor, was entering the property. I used the audio system to talk to him and ensured his truck was not parked in the neighbor’s driveway; they returned from Texas last night. He was coming over to do some cleanup and form removal.
Dr. Nelson came by at 11:45 AM, examined everything, and pronounced me “fit as a fiddle!” Clear to go home and suggested I talk a long walk to get things moving. Doctor Nelson is a class act!
We are going to Applebee’s for lunch!
We walked back to the hotel.
I know I am getting old!
- I find myself foot tapping along with accordion music
- One day, I was sitting on a park bench, and a Boy Scout came up and helped me cross my legs.
- Lawn care is the highlight of my week.
- My insurance company sends you their calendar … one month at a time.
- I’ve noticed that gelatin desserts are tougher to chew these days.
- One of the throw pillows on my sofa is a hot water bottle.
- It takes a couple of tries to get over speed bumps.
- I discovered that the words “whippersnapper,” “scalawag,” and “by cracky” have begun creeping into my vocabulary.
- I hear myself saying, “Why, I remember when….” more than three times a day.
- I run out of breath, walking DOWN a flight of stairs.
- I look both ways before crossing a room.
We watched Gilmore Girls, and Mary packed us up for our early morning departure. We will leave the hotel at about 3:00 AM and head for the rental car location. It’s been a good day.