Estimated reading time: 4 minutes

When Will It Stop???

I got a new pair of gloves today, but they’re both lefts which, on the one hand, is great, but on the other, it’s just not right.

Up at 6:00 AM and in the garage at 6:30 AM working away.  Mary is removing pictures from the walls, and I am going through tons of “stuff” in the garage.  I went to Casa Valencia around 9:00 AM to drop off things and install our new doorbell.

Works great; we can hear it clear out in the backyard!

Mary worked until 10:00 AM and then got ready for our “Girls Night Out.” We forgot our drapery person/interior decorator would make a stop!

Our drapery person did stop by right on time; only she came to the wrong house.  Mary called me and asked me where I was, and I said, “I’m in the garage awaiting the lady’s arrival.”  Mary said the lady had called because she rang the doorbell repeatedly, and I did not come to the door; she was worried about little old me.

We figured out that the Carol went to Mary’s, and Mary was upstairs getting ready to go out. It made for wonderful comedy.  I was so confused I didn’t know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt.

We made it to Girls Night Out just in time.  I told Mary, “Avoid fruit and nuts; you are what you eat.”

The gang is all here!

It’s nice to sit with friends at a table.  When I was growing up I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a slingshot, and she was not a great aim! The conversation got around to “what do you hate the most?”  I quickly responded with:

Needless to say, we changed the subject quickly.

Head of the table!!

We came home and met the “clock guy” at 2:00 PM, who would refurb and tune up our grandmothers and grandfather’s clocks; It would be wonderful to have chimes in the house dating back to our parents. I asked Mary, “Why shouldn’t you tell secrets when a clock is around? ”  I tried not to answer my question, but alas, it slipped out;  “Because time will tell”  He took Mary’s Grandmother’s Clock, and then we left for Casa Valencia.

About 45 minutes later, he showed up at Casa Valencia and took my Grandfather’s Clock.

We had success as I managed to get Roomba the iRobot online, and now Mary and I can control his cleaning activities from our iPhones.

The little devil is devious!

The place is starting to be home, and it will be more so when Mary’s belongings start appearing on the 6th.  It’s going to be a relatively easy move, we think.  We have studied everything twice and measured it three times.

We have a lot of work to do yet, but it is a labor of love!!

After arriving home, Mary took an hour’s nap to get ready for the rest of the day! Sleeping beauty!

We worked in the garage until it was dark.  Mary went through her medical books/notes while I assisted in providing the muscle.  At 7:00 PM I went to In-n-Out and got us dinner. When it got dark, we went inside and to the backyard for a quick dip in the hot waters of the swim spa.  We are getting ready for Mary’s first move on the 6th, and we have a lot of work to do!

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Dining Out, Friends, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.