It’s Tuesday All Day!

What does a house wear? A dress.

The week moves forward, and so do I. I moved the Christmas boxes again as I needed access to the garage area where they were stored.  It was kind of emotional as Sue, and I collected all that stuff over a thirty-year period. However, moving forward, I will never decorate the house like it used to be.  I plan to have the girls go through the stuff, and the rest I will donate to the Salvation Army for the less fortunate.

My goal is a 75% reduction in the number of decorations!

I was in the middle of moving the stuff when my back pocket sounded off, and no, I was NOT passing gas!  It was the trusty iPhone telling me my dentist’s appointment was in 15 minutes!

Say what!  I thought it was at 1:00 PM.  I dropped everything and headed to The Silver Fox as fast as my stubby little legs would carry me.   I called Dr. Annie and ‘splained the situation.  She was running behind a little, so my timing was perfect.  The only bad thing is I showed up looking like a derelict; sweatshirt, torn jeans, grubby shoes, and my hairdo looked like dog doo!  Dr. Annie laughed and proceeded to stab me with a #10 needle!  OUCH!

Dr. Annie is truly a painless dentist!   She popped a crown off my tooth, and I didn’t feel a thing!

After almost two hours in the chair, I was helped out and got myself vertical again.  Back home and back to the Christmas storage activities.

Mary called about 3:45 PM and said she had three more patients to go, which translates to about ninety minutes.  I continued working until 4:30 PM and then went into the garden and picked watermelon, green beans, and tomatoes.  I have no idea what’s for dinner (if she asks me to join her), but that is a good start!

Today was her long day, so I think we save the veggies until tomorrow and go for a burger!

Only eighteen more days!

I will get cleaned up and probably go over for dinner around 5:30 PM.  We enjoy our time together a lot!

When Mary called, I headed east to her home and got the fireplace started, water Scout, lit the candles, and set a pot of water boiling as we are doing artichokes tonight.

When Mary got home, the house was warm, Scout and I were planted on the couch, the wine was poured, and there was music playing.  I shared my dentist’s experience with her which was good for a laugh.  Then I shared the problem with communication while wearing a mask!

The “Mary Look”

What?  I thought it was cute!  Anyway, we shared our days’ activities together and then proceeded to make dinner.

We made a simple mac n’ cheese dinner with a fruit salad.  We tried to watch the election results, but it was slow at best.

We turned on “The Ranch” and belly laughed for two hours before curfew, and I headed home.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet loving my best friend and wife, having fun, learning, and passing on helpful things to others.
This entry was posted in Doctor, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.