Thursday And All Is Well

I’d tell you a chemistry joke, but I know I wouldn’t get a reaction.

I was up early this morning, so I called Mary and asked her to dinner, suggesting that I come and get her and take her to work.  She accepted, and the Silver Fox and I were on a tear.  I picked her up at 8:00 AM and took her to the VA.  This was a stroke of genius because Patty’s Place is about 3.5 miles from the VA and I am only four miles from the VA.

But what to do about Scout?  Ah-ha, I had the answer!  I am going to “Girls Night Out,” which is about ten minutes from Mary’s, so I will pick up Scout afterward and bring him to my place for the afternoon!  Perfect, I love it when a plan comes together!

So we did the “Girls Night Out,” and the four of us just laughed and giggled the entire time. I picked Bob up at the Toyota dealership in Tustin next to where I got my Lexus. For a slight fee, I returned him there afterward.

Enjoying life!

Fun is over; time for work!  I went to Mary’s and retrieved Mr. Scout, and he sat behind me, barking directions in the ear the whole time.  BAck seat drivers, phooey!  We understand each other.  We went to my house, and Scout wandered around easily as he now knows the place pretty well now!

It was like this all the way home!

At about 4:00 PM, Robin showed up as she is staying the night with me because she has an appointment with her sister’s doctor, and it’s a long trip from Corona and back.

We enjoyed a margarita and talked.  Today was our 34th anniversary of Robin and I joining forces to fight evil at Rockwell/Boeing.  Now that I am retired, I no longer wear my cape but it is in the closet.

Robin’s favorite drink, the margarita!

We were waiting for Mary to call so we could go pick her up.  Finally, about 5:30 PM, we decided to drive to the VA and wait outside.  Mary’s schedule is sometimes unsure as she is an MD and emergencies to occur.

Suddenly there was a blinding flash of light as Miss Mary exited the building!  She was wearing her cape and it also said “Flighting Stupidity and Winning!”

We drove from the VA to Patty’s Place, which is all of about four miles.  Marie took care of us today as Chuck was in the mountains, getting away from it all!  We had our booth and dove into the menu with vigor. Mary ordered first and you know, I have never heard of a 42-ounce filet mignon!  Very discreetly, I went out to the car, extracted the spare tire, and sold it to the first person walking by so I could pay for dinner.  I selected two garnishes and a lemon wedge for my meal!

We had a super dinner and then decided to have dessert.  Mary said, “You can have one single bite of mine but no more!”.  Mary ordered my dessert; it was a pine float…two toothpicks in a glass of water!  It seemed unfair!

Having a load of fun as usual!

Well, not to be outdone, I decided to have my own dessert!  I waited until she had a bite and then pounced.  I determined the ice cream was vanilla.  He He He!

When calories collide!  S-m-m-m-m-m-o-u-c-h!!

We dropped off Robin at home, and I drove to Mary’s house with Scout in tow with him whispering the directions in my left ear.   I almost drove off the freeway when Scout decided to SLURP my ear.  Next time, I am wearing a football helmet!

We watched a little TV, and then the curfew kicked in, and I returned home rocketing down the freeway and speeds which can only be dreamed about.  64.9 miles per hour with both hands on the wheel!   It was a great day!

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I am involved seriously with a long-time friend, Mary, and life goes on.
This entry was posted in Dining Out. Bookmark the permalink.