Saturday Means Dance Day, Yeah!

The other day I held the door open for a clown. I thought it was a nice jester.

So the bathroom scale and I are doing battle again as it seems to be stuck at 190 pounds!  I decided to fix the problem by walking more than five miles, and it worked.  It is cheating, but at least I know that silly scale can register under 188 pounds!  Now I remember that it takes two and a half hours to walk around the community!

It takes about two-plus hours to walk around Rossmoor!

On the final leg of my journey, I called Joe and Colleen to check-in.  Colleen was getting my pedometer updates as I walked.  Arriving home, I sat on the patio and cooled off for a bit, but I heard noises coming from the back yard?  It was Vicky, Amber, and the two varmints!  That makes me happy that the pool is getting used! It is wonderful to have friends.

In the afternoon, I got out the old bread machine and fired it up using the same recipe as Mary was using when the hockey puck was created.  It’s been so long I forgot to add the yeast via the top of the machine, and I threw in the raisins way too early.  When I visit Miss Mary tomorrow, we shall compare our creations and see what corrective actions are needed.  The good news is, Robin has more bread to dunk into her coffee in the mornings.

I made a quick trip to the market to gather some needed supplies for this week’s adventure in cooking.  The weather is beginning to change, so I got a copy of Autumn Recipes Magazine and studied it last week.

The Grey Ghost headed to Mary’s at 4:15 PM so we could visit a few minutes before heading to Chino for dinner with Bob and Donna at 6:00 PM.  As I departed my house, the bread was “resting.”

As I departed for dancing, he was not done yet.

Bob and I enjoy each others company because we can almost finish each other sentences plus we laugh at the same things! He (and Donna) have been a great friend during these past several months.

Never sit across from these two without an umbrella and raincoat!

This cartoon came from Bob this morning, he always watches out for me and helps me along.

The girls looked across the table and thought to themselves, “What are they going to do now?”  We enjoyed a lovely meal, albeit slow service this evening.  The dance location is perhaps four hundred feet away, so I moved the car to be directly in front of the studio.

Donna and Mary tried to ignore us. They decided we are un-ignorable!

Being thoughtful, I shared this following cartoon with Donna.

Inside, the disco ball was twirling. The music was directed by Marcine, meaning it was all danceable.  He played several waltzes throughout the evening, which Mary and I enjoy.  Toss in a few chacha’s and life is good. We danced until almost 10:00 PM, so it made for a super evening.

Time for a line dance!  Meaning bob and I can kibitz in the corner!

I stopped by Mary’s for a few minutes after the dance, and she put an icepack on the eye as it was swelling up a bit.  We talked about the evening and how much fun we had with everybody and how nice it was to get out and move about and visit with friends.

The Grey Ghost tooted his horn about 10:30 PM, and that meant he wanted to go home.  Off like a rocket and nineteen minutes later, I pulled into the driveway and headed to the bread machine to see what the bread looked like after the last baking cycle was complete.  I sliced a piece from the center, saving the ends for “you know who.”  Tomorrow we shall compare the loaves of bread!

I wrapped him up for his trip to meet his friend tomorrow.

I watched a little TV before hitting the rack.  It was necessary to think a little bit when I heard voices in the house, I left “Burglar Deterrent” running on the Alexa, and there was a party going on!  I “talked” to Sue for a few minutes before lights-out to catch her up on the day’s events.

One more piece of data, according to the phone I did 16,580 steps NOT counting dancing!  Not too bad for an old geezer.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Dining Out, Friends, Walking, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.