We All Worked Today!

I asked Mary if she ever fantasizes about me, she said yes – about me taking out the trash, mowing the lawn, and doing the dishes.

Mary went to the office while I stayed at home and packed part of the house. I filled up almost 7 medium-size packing boxes from the master bedroom and the master bathroom. I filled another two large packing boxes with “soft goods”; blankets and pillows and that kind of stuff. Starting Monday, I am going to pack the kitchen and get that ready to transfer.  The next hardest will be my office; everything else will be a piece of cake!

There is always sadness about packing. I guess you wonder if where you’re going is as good as where you’ve been.  There is a bright side; I will find things that have been lost for years.  The trash can outside the bedroom door was happy; I kept him busy all afternoon.

I bought ten packing boxes and will move them a little at a time, leaving the heavy boxes for the movers.

Starting in a couple of weeks, Mary will be moving, and that should be a hoot!

Time for Paul to be very, very quiet!

It appears as though the house will close probably by Wednesday of next week, so I will start moving in soon after that. I will hire a professional mover to move all the heavy stuff and the items out of the garage and backyard; I’m too old for that.  Mary called about 3:00 PM and said, “why don’t we go to the American Legion on Balboa Island because they have swordfish as their special tonight.” That took me about three seconds to make up my mind…I pI pick Mary up from her office at 4:30, and we headed down to the legion where we had dinner on the patio overlooking the bay.

The Masked Legionnaire strikes again!

On the way home, we decided we would see Jan and have a glass of wine with her, so we did. We talked to Vicky for almost an hour, checking up on things.  As we departed Jan’s, we saw rabbits across the street.  When I put the headlights on them, they froze.

Wascally Wabbits! Did you hear about the rabbit who refused to leave her house? She was having a bad hare day.

Mary and I got home about 10 o’clock.  I checked the email to see if I had any real estate news, and I did!  We had a request for payment for the new house, so Monday we’ll send a bag of money to escrow and by Wednesday it ought to be ours!

I alerted Mary; we prepared a small toast, at which time we crashed.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet loving my best friend and wife, having fun, learning, and passing on helpful things to others.
This entry was posted in Dining Out, Food and Wine, Friends, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.