Estimated reading time: 4 minutes

Home Jeeves!

We love the new technology!

Monday, I did nothing, and early Tuesday morning was a disaster; my energy level was just above that of the Starship Enterprise, but yet my universe was in a small hospital room the size of a two-car garage; can you imagine the pent-up energy?  I had to escape!

By 3 am, I was doing a lap around the ward in under 2.1 seconds, leaving a swath of medical papers and reports falling like snow as I flew by the various nurse’s stations.  I overheard a nurse asking when Hurricane Paul would be over!

My next set of laps occurred around 4 am, just after they took my vitals (I still do not know where they put them?).  As I exited my room, the nurses pointed my way, saying, “It’s a bird, it’s a plane,” and something about faster than a speeding locomotive.

Just think what I could have done with a set of bowling pins and a ball!

Eek!  I spotted their nefarious plan to slow me down; the nurses placed nail strips in the hallway, and I could not stop!  Pop! Hiss!  Pssssst!  It happened, both shoes went flat, and I came to a stop right in front of my room.  Then I spotted “Double-Wide,” the heavy-set nurse heading in my direction threateningly.  Fearing for my life, I followed her instructions without exception.  Do you know how hard it is to tie yourself to the bed?  My streaking days came to an abrupt stop!

While restrained, I read my messages and got a great picture of my now 27-year-old grandson (when he was ten) and my 8-year-old great-granddaughter.  Can you tell which is which!

Which one is which?

My security system alerted me that Scout was outside, meaning mama was on her way to the hospital to untie me before the locomotive ran me over!  Scout kept looking at the door, expecting to see us!

“Mommy!  Daddy!  Where are you??

Mary found her way from the car to the room, untied me, and gave the nurses an icy stare!

We bribed our nurse, Gabby, into paging the doctor so we could get released, and finally, at 1:00 pm, he showed up, and we were almost out of there.

I say almost because Dr. Mary lost our car.   After 45 minutes of walking around in the three parking structures, I knew how the Israelites felt being in the desert for forty years.

It was embarrassing since Mary yelled, “Here, Silver Fox, here baby, come to mommy!” at the top of her lungs!  I walked several steps behind her!

We got to know the parking lot staff quite well.  Just before reporting the car stolen, Mary spotted the Silver Fox sitting lonely at the far end of the second floor (we had already searched the third, fourth, and fifth floors).  He was so happy to see us; he flashed his lights and honked his horn without our help!  I think there were also two drops of oil beneath the car.  He was so happy.

My offer of driving home so we would not get lost in the parking lot was met by a scornful look.  I allowed Mary to drive but checked to ensure we had enough food, warm blankets, and a flashlight before getting in the car!  Being prudent, I secretly dropped bread crumbs out the window until we got onto the freeway, just in case!

We made it home, and soon thereafter, we went to visit Jan.  The subject of the piano was raised, and I remembered we had to be home at 4:00 pm for the piano tuner; it was 3:55 pm when we departed.  Flash, we left and arrived at the same time.

Tuning the piano took two hours.

Two hours later, the piano was tuned, and it sounded terrific.

Then it was off to the store for last-minute St. Patrick’s Day fixings.

We crashed early as I was pooped out from resting for two days!

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Doctor, Just Us. Bookmark the permalink.