Mary Goes To Work And I Have The Run Of The House!

If I give my heart a pen and paper, I am sure it will draw me a map leading to you.

We were up bright and early as it is a workday, and Mary must work to keep me in the lifestyle to which I have to be in order to become accustomed, or something like that!

She was not feeling her best, I could tell.  She went off anyway and was expected home about 5:00 PM.

Meanwhile, I hit the “Paul’s To-Do List,” and today we had put in under-the-bathroom wash basic shelves,  hand the hall motion sensor night light, saw up the wooden bookcase, take out the big trashcans, figure out how to keep our feathered friends from decorating our new mailbox, and other such items.

I heard noises from the garage, and it was my wonderful son, Joe. He came over and installed two attic fans. One in the house attic and one in the garage attic.  The one in the garage cooled down the entire garage as long as you closed the garage doors.

It lowered the temperature in the attic by twenty degrees or more! Wow!

I set the fans on automatic, and I could also control them from my iPhone!  While he was here, he dug the hole for the flagpole, and I will go to home depot and get the gravel and concrete tomorrow morning and finish the job.

Zachary (Grandson), Joseph (Son), and Mr. Handsome (Me)… Yes, I was on my tippy toes, so I would not feel like a dwarf!

Mary called in and said her afternoon was canceled, so she took off to the hospital next door (Huntington Beach Community) and got the quick COVID test.  She came in negative, so we guess Colleen got it at the airport or on the flight home; we have the dreaded summer cold.

Joe was still here when Mary showed up, but she hit the sack and was comatose until 8:00 PM. I fixed her dinner and gave her the meds she required.  By 9:30 PM, we were both dead to the world.

I did get up around midnight and found the battery-operated overhead hall light with motion sensing works great.  It had just the right amount of light to keep me from stumbling through the house and not enough to blind me.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Doctor, Family, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.