Saturday And We Are Still Not 100%

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills, and wills.

We arose at 7:00 AM and declared victory over whatever we had, but alas, by 7:01 AM, we decided the “bug” has yet to leave the building.  I am getting tired of not feeling well, but at least we are not spreading it to others!

Yes, indeed, that is me!

We had our coffee on the patio and then worked in the yard for a bit.  Mary attempts to bring the lime tree back to life, and I planted some additional veggies in our various pots.

We started the day working in the garden!

I bought Mary an “egg bite” maker, and we tried it this morning with fresh veggies from the garden.  She also made pancake batter, so I did pancakes, and she made the bites; it was a delicious brunch.  As we were sitting there enjoying each other’s company, I mentioned my hair was getting long.  All of a sudden, she jumped up and whisked herself into the house toward the book of knowledge.  She pronounced, “Dang! We missed our appointments at the hair saloon”.  Fortunately, she knows the owner, and we mention what happened.

We jumped in The Silver Fox and headed down Chapman, the tires stretching and the smell of burnt rubber following us.  We were thirty minutes late, but we got in, and now, I no longer can wear my ponytail!

Breakfast/brunch is being served!

I was done in about twenty minutes as there are only seventeen hairs left on my head; Mary, on the other hand, takes two hours.  So I went to the market and did a little shopping and headed home and did chores.  The chores also included cleaning up from brunch as we departed in micro-seconds of the panic phone call to Linda.

Having a few minutes on my hands, I connected my backup drive to the Apple and looked at Facebook.  I had to send this cartoon to Bob and Donna as they are leaving for Europe next week for a month!

Thinking of Donna and Bob!

Mary called around 3:30 PM, and I picked her up.  We returned home and did some chores about the house.  At 6:00 PM, we went to bed to try and recover from the bug, but I lasted about five minutes before I was sound to sleep.  We didn’t get to see a movie.  Now, of course, I woke up at midnight ready to go; midnight?  Never to sleep in the middle of the day!

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.