Estimated reading time: 3 minutes

What Happened? The Weekend Is Gone!!

The neighborhood rooster declared it was time to rise and shine at 6:00 am, so I launched my shoes at him, sending him flying off the fence. However, in the process, my shoes ended up in the bushes! I guess sometimes you win (against the rooster) and sometimes you lose (your shoes).

We did some harvesting in the garden and I began the building of ANOTHER anti-rabbit fence; those little suckers are back!

We stayed up to late last night!  Reminder: Get eight hours sleep before getting your picture taken!

By 8:00 am we were back in the patio area where we replanted the invasive mints, resurfaced the potting bench, put in the watering lines for the mother-in-laws tongues, and did some trimming.  The patio is looking so good now, I’m thinking of renting it out as a five-star vacation spot. Just need to add a mini bar, a hot tub, and a personal waiter named Fernando.

The potting bench needed a new coat of oil.  Unlike other finishes that form a film on the wood’s surface, tung oil penetrates deep into the wood fibers, cures to a flexible non-oily solid, and becomes part of the wood itself.

Good stuff if used once a year!

I coated the bench making sure every area that sees the Sun all day is covered.

The finish takes a day to dry, then becomes waterproof and UV resistant.

I moved our Ninja woodfire oven back onm the bench and organized the pellets.

It sits ready to go at a moments notice!

We got it at the Elks during a silent auction and paid $100 for it; we got a deal!

The pellets come in different “flavors”

When I emptied the lower shelf, I found the cover for the oven and am now using it.

We can cook right in front of the kitchen window!

We replanted some of the mint and moved the mandevilla plants so we can see the blossoms as we dine outside.

The colors are amazing!

The Mother-In-Law Tongues are now sitting by the rubber plant and have their own drip system.

The weather was a bit warm well into the 90s most of the afternoon so we went inside and bing watched “The Good Doctor”.

When it cooled down a bit, I went to the garage and hund two additional patriotic bunting flag and we stwill have two more to do tomorrow.

We crashed around 10:00 pm!

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Just Us, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.