Estimated reading time: 3 minutes

Sunday Has Arrived But The Rain Has Not!

We followed the recommendation and spent the day relaxing.  We watched TV while having a small breakfast.  We were expecting Robin to come over with her famous French Onion Soup.  Along with the soup, we wanted to have Mary’s World Famous Turkey Sandwich, which required us to make a quick trip to Ralph’s Market.  I picked up the turkey and white bread because Robin couldn’t have bread with any seeds due to her tooth condition.

Robin came over at 1:00 pm, and we chatted for an hour while preparing lunch.

The doorbell rang, and it was our eccentric neighbor, Mad Max, who dropped by to chat.  After two hours of conversation, he left at 5:20 pm.

After a few minutes, we started our around-the-block path, which is about 3/4 of a mile.  The path includes several hills, making it a challenging walk with several hills, making it a challenging walk.

The sun had set, and it was scary out as we heard strange noises.

We almost turned back because of the fierce, growling noises coming from down the street.  Perhaps a lion or hippopotamess got loose from the local zoo.

And then it appeared!  We were terrified, but we gathered our wits and remembered what we were supposed to do.  We stopped in our tracks, elevated ourselves to the highest possible position, and looked down as if we were submitting to this ferocious creature!

It escaped early from its Easter holding cell!

Our good fortune prevailed, and the beast hippity-hopped into the bushes without attacking us and ripping us to shreds!

Mary captured me right after my body stopped shaking like a leaf from that beast!

Maybe the beast did not like yellow?

We continued our walk and arrived home safely at 5:45 pm.  We locked all the doors and brought Scout inside just in case the beast came by our home.

We attempted to call John and Sarah as today was their 7th anniversary, but they were out celebrating our in bed; they are early risers.  It is hard to believe my grandson has been going with this lady for 16 years and married seven!  She is a load of fun!

We watched two movies, one of which I missed as I was on the computer for a while.    We crashed at 10:00 pm.

Yes indeed!

Before going to bed, I was remembering this evening four years ago when the family gathered at Los Alamitos Hospital, where Sue was in the IC unit.

Son Joe, grandson Connor, daughter Michele, daughter Robin, me, son Mitch, grandson Zack.  Several others had been with us, including Irene and the Kuhns.

We didn’t realize that the last time they saw her was the final time, as she passed away at seven in the morning the next day.  Every year, the pain of her loss becomes a little easier to bear, and it’s comforting to know that she is no longer in constant pain.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Family, Memories, Walking, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.