Estimated reading time: 6 minutes

Saturday Morning; I Was Up At 3 AM And Ready To Go!!

Fact: Jimmy Carter was the first president born in a hospital.

This is what I look like at 3:00 AM; it is frightening!  I could not sleep, so I watched the Science Channel, which was very interesting.  At 4:00 AM, I got up, brushed my hair, and did ten laps around the ward, hoping it would make me want to sleep some more.

I was ready to go as soon as I awoke at 6:00 AM, but unfortunately, everyone else was asleep.  I considered pulling the fire alarm but thought better.  At 6:30 AM, I  did five more laps around the ward naked, and no one even noticed, although I did get stopped by a nurse who asked me to put on a mask; that was embarrassing!

My iPhone did the dance of the seven veils moving across the hard table ever so slowly, just like a reptile on the prowl.  It was the security alarm; someone in the house was awake.  Mary was up at 6:54 AM!

Then my security camera alerted me that someone was in the backyard garden, so I looked at it, and it turned out to be Dr. Mary.    At 9:30 AM, she was watering the little veggies.  I’m sure she’ll be on her way to the hospital after completing the watering.  She was probably concerned about her little worm friends.

The babies get a drink!

Mary showed up just as Dr. Rucker was visiting, and they went out of the room and clarified some things making sure we had the proper order for the liquid analysis; Mary got copies of the recent reports.  Poor Dr. Rucker, he was hit by a buzz-saw.

We began the discharge process around 9:00 AM and finally escaped with our lives at 12:30 PM.  We headed for the Fish Company, and we called Vicky to join us on the way.  We had a super meal starting with Ostyers Rockaller, followed by Rainbow Trout.

So good!

Lunch with Vicky was excellent, and we all had a good time.  Laughing is a great medicine which means the three of us with be well for the next several months.

Lunch was perfect!

Did You Know?  Oysters Rockefeller was created in 1889 at the New Orleans restaurant Antoine’s by Jules Alciatore, son of founder Antoine Alciatore.[3] Jules developed the dish due to an escargot shortage, substituting the locally available oysters.  The recipe remains unchanged, with an estimated three and a half million orders having been served.  The dish was named “oysters Rockefeller” after John D. Rockefeller, the then-wealthiest American, for its extreme richness.[3] It consists of oysters on the half-shell topped with a green sauce and bread crumbs, then baked or broiled.We got some soup for David and stopped by the Reidy’s on our way home.  He loves the Manhattan Clam Chowder from the Fish Company.  We got some bad news, although we do not know any details yet.  David has been feeling poorly for the past three weeks; we thought it was the flu.  David’s recent scan showed some unknown growths, so he is going in for more scans and tests this week.  We visited for a while before coming home.

At home, Robin and her family were putting on their costumes’ last touches.  I wanted to go to the Elks, but alas, I took Mary’s advice and stayed behind.  Two days in the hospital wore me out.

Scout was so happy to see me that he said he did not ever want to be separated again, so that begged the question, “Can I go on vacation with you guys, and can we fly?”

Please leave it to Scout to ask the impossible questions.

Kayla, Nick’s lady, was doing her makeup for the party tonight.  They are going as the stars of Corpse Bride.

The kids look fantastic!

After the makeup, she donned the black/blue wig and the hat!  It was scary.  We found Scout out in the He-She, cowering in the corner.

We are getting ready for the big evening.

Corpse Bride was their theme, so she had to look morbid, which was impossible for Kayla, but she tried.

She was looking sad and hard to do.

They made a great couple.   Nick borrowed one of my ties, and he was ready to go!  It is too bad the Elks members did not know about the movie, or they would have won a prize.

Did You Know?  Corpse Bride premiered at the Venice International Film Festival on September 7, 2005, and was released on September 23, 2005, in the United States and October 13, 2005, in the United Kingdom.  It became a critical and commercial success, grossing $118.1 million worldwide against its $40 million budget, and received praise for its animation, characters, songs, and humor.

Perfect couple.

Robin was Magnificent!  OK, she was Maleficent: Mistress of Evil from the movie. 

Did You Know?  Maleficent travels to a grand old castle to celebrate young Aurora’s upcoming wedding to Prince Phillip.  While there, she meets Aurora’s future mother-in-law — a conniving queen who hatches a devious plot to destroy the land’s fairies.  Hoping to stop her, Maleficent joins forces with a seasoned warrior and a group of outcasts to battle the queen and her mighty army.

Robin was an excellent Maleficent, Mistress of Evil!

A family portrait with Bob being the Traveler from the 2010 SciFi Horror film.  At the Elks, everyone thought he was portraying someone from a car accident; too funny!!

Just us!

Please do not ask where my tail is!!!  I had to keep it in place for the picture.

“I have been forked”!!!  Mary got me for being “bad.”

MARY!  You stop that!

They are on their way to meet up with the gang.  Mary and I stayed behind, and I rested.  We watched Gilmore Girls before laying down to rest.

Sorry, we had to stay home.

We did NOT make the party, but we were well-represented by Irene, who won a prize!  We got a text message with the winning picture.

OMG, she was terrific.  Where did she park her broom?

After the dance, the kids returned to our house, and we got the run-down.  We shared a drink, and they departed for home.  Michele and Franklin also came by afterward.

Kayla met some of the gang this evening.

Michele was Rapunzel; perfect costume!

We crashed at 11:30 PM.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet. I lost my best friend and wife in early 2020. I was blessed again by reconnecting with Dr. Mary Côté, a long-time friend. Mary and I got married July 28th, 2021, and are enjoying life together and plan to spend the rest of our lives being a blessing to our friends and family.
This entry was posted in Family, Fun. Bookmark the permalink.