You have two parts of the brain, “left” and “right.” On the left side, there’s nothing right, and on the right side, there’s nothing left.
What a day! We started early with Mary’s ZOOM meeting went until 8:30 AM. I headed for casa Valencia to verify that the drip system was working. There was much to do around the house, so I worked until 8:43 Am and then headed “up the hill” to Mary’s place to get a pail of water. We decided it was errand day, so we were off:
- CVS Pharmacy in Los Alamitos – I needed a couple of prescriptions and got others transferred to Orange. I bought a really expensive laxative from the pharmacy. It gave me a good run for my money.
- Bed Bath & Beyond in Los Alamitos – We needed some additional china cup covers and some under-the-counter storage items which the Orange store did not have in stock.
- The Dry Cleaner in Los Alamitos – Pick up the last of my clothes, and it seemed off as I have been going there for thirty-five years.
- Staples in Los Alamitos – I needed several storage containers, and amazingly they were in stock.
- Fly-By the Los Alamitos House – No special reason, we were just in the hood. The doors were open, and people were working. Vicky believes they are going to add a second story to the place. We shall see!
- Imperial Jewelers in Los Alamitos – I needed to pick up a ring that was being resized.
- Old Ranch Country Club – TIme for lunch as we moved quickly through the city doing our errands, and we were hungry. Besides, I have a minimum to spend.
- The Bone Doctor – I wanted him to look at my thumb, which was broken years back, and it is giving me fits; it is probably arthritis.
- The Home Store in Los Alamitos – We looked for a decorative hand-towel rack for the “powder room”; we found want we wanted.
- Chico’s in Los Alamitos – Mary wanted to do a quick look at their stock, and she found a summer dress and bought it. I told Mary. “A study of economics usually reveals that the best time to buy anything is last year.”
- Patty’s Place in Seal Beach – We had dinner with Vicky and Robin. We had a great time visiting.
After dinner, we headed home. It was a day full of stop and goes, but we didn’t have to “work” We crashed within minutes of arriving at Mary’s place.