The Battle Begins!

Feeling lost? Take a dream and convert it into small goals, then start taking steps to hit those goals. – Dave Ramsey

Off to the new house as Spectrum is supposed to be there at 8:00 AM.  Well, they arrived at 8:30 and spent almost two hours deciding that the cable conduit went to Never Never Land.

Poof, another day of delay, but they will return tomorrow with the supervisor and some coring equipment.  They will go under the sidewalk, under the driveway, and down the side of the house.  The bright side of this mess is I get all new cable and interconnections, yeah!

Mary came over about 9:00 AM as she had her Zoom meeting at 7:00 AM.  Scout, The Wonder Dog, joined us, and we patrolled the perimeter of the backyard.  Scout was winded after two laps.  The yard is huge.

The locksmith popped by, and we rekeyed everything, so all is well.  On our way to my dentist, we stopped at Rockwell’s for lunch and then to Home Depot, where we got decorative keys made for Robin, Domi, Lew, and others in our lives.  We also got a lockbox so the gardener and pool folks could open the box and get the key to the locks, a pool safety requirement.

The dentist appointment went well. My next date with Annie is on the 26th of May, Mary’s birthday!

While waiting for the dentist, I made arrangements with the movers to come and pack me up one day and move me the next day.  There is no way we can do it ourselves at our age, especially after being in that home for 35 years!  I asked three people and said I would have everything labeled and ready to go (meaning I have to get the electronics moved, but I will get a had from Zack on that be).

A lot of truth to this picture!

Scout asked.”What is a moving day?” We tried to tell him, but alas, something was lost in translation!


We departed the dentist and went to the old house, where I loaded the van with essentials needed to keep me afloat for the next few days.

It was approaching dinner time, so we went to Patty’s Place and shared sliders and a glass of wine, yes, including a chip-shot.  We did not return o the new place but went to Mary’s as I was “too pooped to pop” after all the day’s activities!

Mary said I sat on the couch and fell asleep immediately for over three hours.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet loving my best friend and wife, having fun, learning, and passing on helpful things to others.
This entry was posted in Adventures, Dining Out, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.