More Work… More Work! Eek!

 Mary told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down.

I was up at the crack of dawn, being careful to be quiet so Mary could sleep.  She worked alongside me yesterday all day!   I began outside in the front yard by removing the covers on the outside patio furniture and washing everything down.

Mary was up by 7:15 AM, and in a panic, she missed the first 15 minutes of her Women’s Business Integrity Meeting, I helped her get the laptop out and running, and then I resumed my work.

Zack popped over and spent a good hour helping us with the tuff we could not do, like moving couches, heavy chairs, and the planter boxes onto the fence.  I love my grandsons; they are always willing to help old grandpa.  Connor offered to come over after work, but we got most everything done.

No more handrails, thanks to Zack!

I had the tools but didn’t have the energy to grind the bolts off.

Zachary grinds the bolts flush with the ground.

The patio furniture was revealed, and it looks pretty good after six years!

The patio is as clean as a whistle.

The fruit trees were cleaned out, and mulch was added.

The composter is now gone.

We took a planned break at 11:00 AM and got cleaned up, and headed for the Elks Lodge. We had a party going on as the regulars were there plus Sydney, Gayle, and Vic!  Ronnie joined us for a few minutes.

Bob, Vic, and Mike…there was a party going on!

Bill, Gayle, and Sydney had a great time talking about stuff.

Bib, Gayle, and Sydney (our real estate agent)

The happy couple!   We sat together at the end of the table as the table was full to overflowing.

Just us!

Ronnie came by and brought Mary a rose from his garden, very thoughtful!!!

A rose for a rose.

We departed the Elks and went to the potential “new home,” where we met with the inspectors.  The news was good, with only a few items of concern.  We know the place has termites, but we are in California, duh.   We are going to call for a geology inspection just to be safe,

Visit the house:

Formal living room.

Den and entertainment area.

Kitchen with informal dining area.

If we dine alfresco, the BBQ and outdoor setting is just a few steps from the stove.

Chef Mary’s place!

The bedroom is huge!

After the visit with the inspectors, we returned to my house to continue “packing”.  We worked until almost 9:00 PM before crashing.  One more trip to the garage and I would explode!  Tomorrow morning Mary has to work so we went to her house.  Tomorrow the photographer will be joining us for picture taking.

About Paul

Just an old retired guy trying to finish out my last years on this planet loving my best friend and wife, having fun, learning, and passing on helpful things to others.
This entry was posted in Food and Wine, Friends, Just Us, Working Around House. Bookmark the permalink.