We celebrated but used good old fashioned film... someday we will scan a few of the more memorable celebrations...
2000 & Beyond
- Halloween 2001-2006 - Highlights in a slideshow
- We celebrated with Pete, Eddie, Jeanette, Mitch, Colleen, and all the grand kids plus Dave McTevia
- Peter parents were in town and Jeanette/Mitch and kids were in Detroit. Laurie and Dave joined the activities.
- That was the recovery from back surgery year and were stayed at home celebrating quietly.
- Halloween 2002 and we were out of town.
- Pete was over seas (the Marine) and Colleen had left the family. Jeanette, Mitch and the boys joined us for celebrations.
- Everybody was back sans Colleen. Pete's new wife Lisa and he kids joined the regular crew. Laurie and Dave pitched in to assist the carving activities.
Halloween 2006 Death Of A Tradition
- It's just Dave, Sue and Paul this year. Divorces and deployments and dis-interest pretty much did-in this 20+ year tradition. Terrible when a tradition dies, but that is life. Sue and Paul have each other and that is still good!
- Jeanette, Connor and Sue and Paul celebrated the holidays as everybody else was gone or not interested anymore.
- Life Day 2007 (Ten Years) - A special celebration within the Halloween season, 10 years cancer free!
- Halloween 2008 - Jeanette, Connor, Robin, Nick, and Dave join us for the carving of the pumpkin
- Halloween 2009 - Jeanette, Connor, Robin, Nick, and Dave join us for the carving of the pumpkin
- Halloween 2010 - Robin, Nick, and Dave join us for the carving of the pumpkin. Jeanette departed the family in July 2010 and she is MIA.
- Halloween 2011 - Robin and Nick are with us. Our dear friend Dave passed-on June 11th and we sure missed him at the pumpkin carving because he had so much fun. Remind us of Boo-Fus, his favorite pumpkin!
- Halloween 2012 - First things first.... Carving the punkin's. We decided to go to lunch with the family and then head to our house to attack the punkin's and see what we could do in the way of artistic carving. That evening, we headed to the Santa Ana Elks for the annual Halloween Ball. Halloween we are going to try dancing at the Alpine Village as it gets boring around the house since we receive few trick-or-treaters.
- Halloween 2013 - It's time to carve the pumpkins and get dressed up as something or rather! The annual "Boo-A-Thon" with family and friends was a great success. Scary costumes and scary pumplins. Life is good.
- Halloween 2014 - The events include Rogers Gardens, Pumpkin Carving, Santa Ana Elks and Apple Picking
- We look forward to the season! Our first vist was to Roger's Gardens in Newport! During the month of October, Paul took the camera with him on the October morning walks . The neighborhood gets "decked out" for Halloween so taking pictures while walking seemed a natural thing to do!
Sunday the 26th is our annual pumpkin carving activity where we meet our family for lunch and then an afternoon of carving up pumpkins! Great fun!
To top off the holiday, we go to the Santa Ana Elks Halloween Ball .
- Halloween 2016 - We did our annual pumpkin carving but we passed up the Elks Halloween Ball to see Big Bad VooDoo Daddy at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center.