Health Is Always A Concern
Health is the level of functional and/or metabolic efficiency of an organism at both the micro(cellular) and macro(social) level. In the medical field, health is commonly defined as an organism's ability to efficiently respond to challenges (stressors) and effectively restore and sustain a "state of balance", known as homeostasis.
Another widely accepted definition of health is that of the World Health Organization (WHO), which states that "health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity".
We are lucky and we do take care of ourselves. Going to the doctors for checkups and eating the right foods is a major ingredient in our (to date) successes.
We are pretty much vegetarians (ovo-lacto) and now that we are retired we are extremely active playing golf many times a week and dancing almost four nights a week!
- Back Surgery
- Surgery #1; Removing The Bad Actors And Replacing With Cadavor Bone
- Surgery #2 - Curvature Correction And Instrumentation
- Back Surgery Recovery
- Back Surgery X-Rays
- Back Again (2015)
- Sue Needed Heart Bypass Surgery
- So How Did It Get Started
- What Was The Problem They Found?
- What Was The Procedure To Fix It?
- Pre-ICU Day By Day Activities
- The Recovery
- Favorites Snaps From This Adventure
Paul has not had quite as much a medical history but it was sufficient to note.
Mary & Paul Are Doing Great!
Except for the prostate cancer, we are fine. All our issues are "old age". Mary being an MD is a plus becuase she knows a little about everything.