A Dozen Red Roses Doer Your Lady
This will bring a smile!
Says "Thank You" For...
1. For the butterflies I get in my stomach when I see you.
2. For spending time with me.
3. For your hug when I need one.
4. For loving me.
5. For your understanding of my needs.
6. For the special times we share.
7. For all the memories you have given me.
8. For always being there for me when I need you.
9. For the love I feel in my heart.
10. For the joy you bring into my life.
11. For always listening to me.
12. For your unconditional friendship.
Did you know? - The name rose comes from French, itself from Latin, rosa, which was borrowed from Oscan, from Greek rhodion (Aeolic wrodion), from Old Persian wurdi "flower" (cf. Avest. warda, Sogdian ward, Parthian wâr).
Red Roses For You
A rose is a perennial flower shrub or vine of the genus Rosa, within the family Rosaceae, that contains over 100 species. The species form a group of erect shrubs, and climbing or trailing plants, with stems that are often armed with sharp thorns. Most are native to Asia, with smaller numbers of species native to Europe, North America, and northwest Africa. Natives, cultivars and hybrids are all widely grown for their beauty and fragrance.
- "If music be the food of love, play on"~Shakespeare
- "It is never too late to fall in love"~Sandy Wilson
- "Love is like an hour glass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties"~Jules Renord
- "No man is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry."
- Love is not finding someone to live with, It's finding someone you can't live without. ~Rafael Ortiz
- "Where there is great love , there are always miracles" ~Willa Cather
- Love is like a butterfly. It goes where it pleases and it pleases where it goes.
- Happiness is to love and to be loved.
- True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. letting go is one way of saying I love you
- "Love turns winter into summer."
- "You call it Madness, but I call it Love" ~Don Byas
- "Where there is love, there is life"~Mahatma Gandhi
- Love conquers all.~Virgil
- "The heart has its reasons, which reason does not know."~Pascal
- "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."~Plato
- Love is like a fire. Whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn your house down, you'll never know
- To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven~Karen Sunde
- Music is love in search of a word
- "The sweetest joy, the wildest woe is love"
- "why is it when you love someone so much that you can never find the right words to tell them?"-alb to justin
- Women are made to be loved, not understood. ~Oscar Wilde
- "Some people care too much. I think it's called love."
The rose has always been valued for its beauty and has a long history
of symbolism. The ancient Greeks and Romans identified the rose with
their goddesses of love referred to as Aphrodite and Venus. In Rome a
wild rose would be placed on the door of a room where secret or
confidential matters were discussed. The phrase sub rosa, or "under the
rose", means to keep a secret — derived from this ancient Roman
Early Christians identified the five petals of the rose with the five wounds of Christ. Despite this interpretation, their leaders were hesitant to adopt it because of its association with Roman excesses and pagan ritual. The red rose was eventually adopted as a symbol of the blood of the Christian martyrs. Roses also later came to be associated with the Virgin Mary.
Rose culture came into its own in Europe in the 1800s with the introduction of perpetual blooming roses from China. There are currently thousands of varieties of roses developed for bloom shape, size, fragrance and even for lack of prickles.