Bunnaford's Birthday Generally Starts A Three Alarm Fire
Did You Know? - We refuse to tell what year she was born but.....
- January 14 ? Marilyn Monroe marries baseball player Joe DiMaggio
- January 21 ? The first nuclear-powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, is launched in Groton, Connecticut, by First Lady of the United States Mamie Eisenhower.
- April 12 - Bill Haley and His Comets record "Rock Around the Clock" in New York City for Decca Records.
- April 23 - Hank Aaron hits his first major league home run.
- May 14 ? The Boeing 707 is released after about two years of development.
- June 14 ? The words "under God" are added to the United States Pledge of Allegiance.
- July 5 - Elvis Presley has his first commercial recording session at Sun Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. He sang That's All Right (Mama) and Blue Moon of Kentucky.
- October 16 - Elvis Presley makes his first appearance on a radio program in Shreveport, Louisiana called the Louisiana Hayride.
- Record companies deliver 7 inch 45 rpm record singles to radio stations instead of 78s.
- Les Paul commissions Ampex to build the first eight track tape recorder, at his own expense.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower authorizes the creation of the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado.
- December 4 ? The first Burger King opens in Miami, Florida, USA.
The World Was On The Move When Bunnaford Was Born...
Life Magazine & The Comics
Aircraft Firsts When Bunny Was Born
The Boeing B47
Time To Celebrate
"Yeah yeah the gang's all here!"
The chief wine guzzler
The orchid is in the way!
The first Godzilla movie was presented in 1954
Did you know? - Godzilla (??? Gojira) is the first movie in the Gojira saga, and also the first film in the "Showa" series. It is universally cited by all Japanese Godzilla films as the starting point of the Godzilla timeline.
The film was produced by Toho Productions, Limited, and had a budget of ~$250,000. (Adjusted for inflation about $6,000,000) It went on to garner large box-office revenues in Japan and America as well, when the Americanized version Godzilla, King of the Monsters was released in 1956. It was produced by Tomoyuki Tanaka and directed by Ishiro Honda. The special effects were directed by Eiji Tsuburaya, and the musical score was composed by Akira Ifukube. The film is considered a classic and a one of the greatest monster movies ever made, as well as a powerful and evocative nuclear allagory.
Dessert has NO CALORIES... Right???
Thank goodness they didn't put all the candles on the dessert
"I hope they do NOT want to share with me!!"
"He is trying to hide from the camera"
"Guess what is in the package!!"
"Pass the wine this way"
"If I blow in is ear will it make a loud noise???"
Antennas will help here pick up the Angels game
"We like to sing!"
"One over on the 18th"
Did You Know? - Movies Released In 1954
- White Christmas
- 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
- The Long Long Trailer
Nice wrist placement!
Did You Know? - In human anatomy, the wrist is variously defined as (1) the carpus or carpal bones, the complex of eight bones forming the proximal skeletal segment of the hand; the wrist joint or radiocarpal joint, the joint between the radius and the carpus; and the anatomical region surrounding the carpus including the distal parts of the bones of the forearm and the proximal parts of the metacarpus or five metacarpal bones and the series of joints between these bones, thus referred to as wrist joints. This region also includes the carpal tunnel, the anatomical snuff box, the flexor retinaculum, and the extensor retinaculum.
"I likes wine!"
"Yes... I put sugar in my drinks!
Dig dig dig
"I found it"
Did You Know? - On This Day In History
- 1792 France declared war on Austria, marking the start of the French Revolutionary wars.
- 1889 Nazi leader Adolf Hitler was born in Braunau, Austria
- 1902 Scientists Marie and Pierre Curie isolated the radioactive element radium
- 1940 RCA publicly demonstrated its new electron microscope
"I have my new iBoob with me!"
"What am I doing with this crowd???"
OK guys.... snile!
What is this man thinking???
The laughing is reaching a creshendo!
"Ah..... Monica.... Monica....Monica!"
It's Not Funny!