Sue Was Recovering From Major Back Surgery
Page Created: 11/26/2003 Page Last Updated: 11/26/2022 21:27
This Thanksgiving we stayed home alone because a) Sue could not walk and didn't want to be around oodles of moving people, and b) the surgeon said stay away from crowds as you do NOT need and cold, flue or their transmitted diseases. we heeded his recommendations. See the details.
- November 3, 2003 - Entered hospital for 7 hours surgery called Anterior fusion.
- November 4, 2003 - ICU with a lot of pain.... no big surprise!
- November 5, 2003 - Remains in ICU, coherent but sleepy
- November 6, 2003 - Moved from ICU to Room 127A
- November 7-9, 2003 - Recovery, clear fluids only! Gets up every day for a short assisted walk!
- November 10, 2003, Posterior fusion accomplished during an 11 hour operation!
- November 11, 2003 - ICU all day, awake and alert. Sits on side of bed for 45 minutes~
- November 12, 2003 - Walks in ICU in the morning and moves to regular room in the afternoon. Walks a couple of hundred feet.
- November 13, 2003 - Most of intravenous tubes removed.
- Home of the 17th and under the care of Paul.
Walking slowly around the neighborhood was the best we could do for Thanksgiving
It was painful at best